Wednesday 26 December 2012

captured on film (1)

In June 2011 I bought a Halina Paulette Electric film camera from ebay. I've always loved the effect of photos taken with film cameras; they seem to have a greater depth and an interesting dream-like quality. These are my favourites from the first film I took (June-July 2011); they came out even better than I'd hoped, as it was my first time playing with it! I've edited them in various ways with Photoshop Elements 10.

This was the first picture I ever took with my film camera (the accidental one of my laptop I took while trying to get the film adjusted definitely doesn't count...). I'm particularly proud of it as it's hard to get a photo of this boy in which he looks normal and happy rather than plotting world domination...

Leamington Peace Festival



University of Warwick Summer Party 2011




Reading station (before the platform numbers went  crazy!).


Partying in Beenham. Very meta. Or something...

I love that I managed to capture this moment!
And I think film gives it a beautiful poignant quality you don't get with digital cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template designed By The Sunday Studio.